Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Quilted journal cover

When you are learning in class, your intention is to finish your project in class, right? So normally you would not care if you have done a beautiful job or not. This is the result of that thinking. We were to do some free motion quilting exercises and other stitches to fully utilize our Bernina machines.

While other students had their 100% cotton and designer name fabric selvages on their front cover, mine had it as "100% Japanese cotton"! (I'm cheap! LOL!)

You can see how crooked my free motion is..but I think the batik fabric have its advantages. I just quilt by following the designs, not quite an outline quilting.

It's bigger than my sewing/scribble journal but it'll do.

If I have more time for homework, I would have done it better. Like this old bag of mine.

2 comments:

Ulla's Quilt World said...

Hi! Greetings from Finland! Your quilts are so fantastic! It's so nice to find other quilters all around the world! www.quiltworld2.blogspot.com
Yours, Ulla

Anic said...

This is very pretty...

I have collected quite a few tutorial for Kindle here: http://pinterest.com/aniclohas/laptop-kindle-covers-sleeves/

In case it is useful for you.