Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Hexagon etui


hexagon etui
Originally uploaded by myroz
Etui = decorative box. This one in particular is meant for my sewing things. I finished this one when I was at the Penang retreat.


When you open the lid, this is the view with the strings tied. You have a choice of doing a pincushion center (which I haven't finished the sewing yet) or this round little container to put things in.


hexagon sewing box-untied
Originally uploaded by myroz
When you untie the strings, the hexagon sides open up like this. I am supposed to put in two pieces of felt for needles on the 2 empty sides.


hexagon sewing box-open
Originally uploaded by myroz
When the sides are opened completely..I hope to put this on my sewing table one day..


tulip for etui
Originally uploaded by myroz
A close-up view of the tulip ends

No comments: